Monday, August 20, 2007

Catchin' Up.

Summer flew by! I'm in "catch up" mode, wherein I realize that there are too many things to do and not enough time to do them.

This blog is a perfect example of that. I have (and had) every intention of keeping it up, but alas it fell to the wayside.

So a quick recap from when you last heard from me. Back in May AJ and I went to the the Meals on Wheels Fundraiser. I still dream about the food. I was pleased though, to have taken so many photos of the event. Flickr came in handy and I uploaded the photos. Since then, I've had a couple people contact me about these food photos. Who knew that people loved food photos so much?

The first person was someone from nowpublic. It was an article about terrorism and cheese. They wanted to use my photo for the article. If you go to the article, my photo is #10 in the slideshow of 27 photos of cheesewheels. It's not the best photo I've taken, but for whatever reason they wanted it. And how can I refuse?

The second request was from administrator of a flickr group that wanted my photo of my crab cake for the "crab cakes" group. Talk about specific niche market. I joined immediately. Who wouldn't want to be a part of a group that revolved around crab cakes I ask you?

Funny thing though, I'm actually not a HUGE fan of crab cakes. I mean I like them, but they aren't the first thing that I think to order when I see them on the menu. For an appetizer I usually gravitate towards calamari or some fried tuber/root vegetable (mmm. onion rings. mmm. french fries). That said I think a group of people who love crab cakes sounds rather amusing.

So, finally, after much struggling I am have decided to upgrade my flickr account to "pro" and make the most of it. This happened after I discovered the wonders of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. How I ever lived without this nifty little program is BEYOND me. Easy browsing, organizing and mass processing of photos. I like I LIKE. I'll be uploading loads more now. Because I love taking photos, and my new camera is pretty and easy to use, but I hated trying to process and figure out which photos I wanted and what I didn't. I've barely used Lightroom, and I already know I love it.

In the meanwhile the month of May passed on, and AJ finished up with school. Then he rode off in early June for Los Angeles - on the AIDS LIFECYCLE. I've blogged extensively about the ride here and here so I won't go into it any more than to say it was as heartwarming and emotional as it always is. Alas, I also was not able to see him arrive in Los Angeles, as I was in Atlanta for a conference the weekend that he arrived in LA.

AJ flew out from LA to Atlanta to meet up with me there right after my conference. But I will save the trip to Atlanta (and the side trip to Savannah) for another post. Just know that the summer is over - AJ is officially back to school teaching (or will be by Wednesday, he's in pre-class meetings Monday and Tuesday). And that means life is settling down just a little. Expect posts on Georgia, Gay Pride, my brother's wedding and our trip to St. Louis, LA Summer Camp - including the San Diego Comic Con, and our most recent party - the DQ party.

But first I'm going to sleep. Cheers.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger Rita said...

1) That is awesome about Flickr and getting contacted and getting your photos used! And joining niche groups!! Fantastic.

2) I want a program that will make my photo-sorting life easier, too. That sounds awesome.

Hi!
r

 

Post a Comment

<< Home