Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I did it AGAIN.

I should have known better. But I didn't.

I fell for it one more time. and I got screwed but good.

So now I know how Charlie Brown getting the football pulled out out from under him by Lucy.

Fox canceled the show DRIVE.

What's that? Another show that FOX canceled that was genius and brilliant and funny and dramatic and exciting and thrilling and that had tons of potential?

What's that? Another show that somehow, I was actually able to coerce AJ into watching with me (he's very stubborn and resistant to new shows) and he liked it, and I liked it. And we were looking forward to the next episode.

And it just got canceled. Four episodes, three airings (the first two episodes were aired back to back on a Sunday) and just two weeks (the third episode aired the next night on a Monday, and the final episode aired yesterday).

Two weeks, and it gets yanked off the air. That's faster than Wonderfalls. Another brilliant show that was canceled abruptly. Wonderfalls, by the way, is probably on my list of top ten five TV shows ever. Perfectly formed, I love it, and alas, it was not to be.

Grrrr...

And since only six episodes of Drive were filmed (I think) we won't even have a full 13 episode series to put on DVD. 13 episodes were plotted out, with the race not finishing, but ending at a "logical" place. Resolution which we, the audience, hopefully will find out via leaked scripts.

I can only hope.

But no resolution on screen. No finale to be aired. Nothing. Nada. Zip.

There goes my chance to see Nathan Fillion, Katie Finneran, and Amy Acker back on TV again on a regular basis.

I hate you Fox.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Rita said...

HA!

I know you're pissed, and I shouldn't laugh. But I find your anger highly entertaining. Especially in so far as you went and made this truly excellent Fox Sucks graphic, as a further expression of your anger.

Ayyy!

I am sorry for your loss. I'm sure it's my loss, too, though, since I don't know the show, I don't feel it yet.

My friend.

!!
r

(I'm laughing, but it is with you, in rue.)

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sh!t, are you kidding me? I go away for two weeks, and this is what happens? I have yet to watch the series premiere, though I had taped it and meant to watch it when I came back. Should I still go ahead and try to watch all the aired episodes?

Ahh... Wonderfalls. I love Love LOVE that show. I probably watch the entire series at least once a year. In fact, I made Ben watch it with me this year, and he agreed that it was awesome. We also ended up loving Firefly so much that we bought the DVD for ourselves.

--Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home