Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Quick Thoughts.

1. Spotted while entering the Muni Underground Transit Station: Homeless person panhandling for spare change. Not a very novel sight here in San Francisco where there are homeless every few feet you walk. However the homeless person was sporting Apple's signature white iPod earphones.

Perhaps she only had a first or second generation iPod? I'm guessing that would make her poor by San Francisco standards indeed.

2. My friend Annie asked me why I was going to the gym so much. Other than the obvious, losing weight, getting fit, becoming more healthy etc. etc. I told her I was in training.

"Training for what?" she queried.

"For Gay Pride." I stated

Puzzled, she replied back "You say that as if it's a race or competition..."

How little does she understand gay culture.

3. As entertaining as it is to watch the man on the treadmill in the short shorts running full speed ahead while lipsyncing and dancing with his arm out at my gym, infinitely more entertaining is it when the man is a middle-aged graying-haired slightly gone to seed Latino man with bad 90's wired-rimmed glasses.

Wearing business casual wear.

In the L Taravel Muni Train.

Slightly past rush hour, the man was standing there, shaking his junk to his iPod.

And yes, he did wave his hands in the air - like he just didn't care.

I tried to take a picture with my phone camera, but alas, it was out of juice. You'll just have to imagine it.

3 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Rita said...

Eye Spy What Irvin Sees

Those camera phones make everyone reporters.

I love it!

r

(What? You didn't see the picture? It's right there!)

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I resent people who dance in public, because I feel the need to take on their shame since they don't have enough sense on their own to feel mortified by their actions.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Annie said...

i made your blog! i feel famous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home