Thursday, May 25, 2006

YET AGAIN.

Damnit. I was at the gym and in the zone trying to just work out. I hate working out, mostly because I find it ridiculously boring. People always tell me how much they love working out and what a stress release it is. I, on the other hand, must be doing something wrong, as I have not relieved said stress and instead find myself still as fat as I was when I started working out. Some people have fat days. I, apparently, am having a fat year.

Some people go to the gym and socialize. Some people go to the "gym" and hang out in the locker room/shower. I, on the other hand, actually go to exercise period. I do my work out and then get the hell out of there. AJ, well, he often times goes to the gym, and then goes to the "gym." Working out with him (because he actually talks to people) takes twice as long. I am often in the zone of listening to my iPod Shuffle (bought exclusively for working out and skiing) and ignoring everyone else, occasionally giving that courteous headnod acknowledgement to those people I recognize so as not to be rude.

Regardless, I AM trying to work out more regularly, because I am NOT getting any younger, and as such would like to lose the thickening middle that I have and regain any semblance of a body that I used to have. I realized that I used have a body when 1. I looked at old photos of myself without a gut, and think "hey, I must have been sucking in my stomach for that photo" and then realize that ACTUALLY I probably didn't need to suck in my stomach for that photo. and 2. I wear my old clothes, that don't quite fit anymore.

So it was laundry day today, and most of my work out clothes were dirty. I dug around in my drawer for something to wear to the gym, post-work, post-therapy session and I grabbed what I thought was a wearable article of clothing. Once I got to the gym though, and put it on, I realized that I had instead brought a shirt that ONCE fit me, but at this moment in time seemed so incredibly small I question whether I was able to EVER fit into it.

So I spent the rest of the workout tugging the shirt down and sucking in my stomach in between my bench presses and dips. At least I wasn't bored. Preoccupied with working out, sucking in my stomach and tugging my shirt down, I was completely taken aback when a complete stranger came up to me, tapped me on the shoulder to get my attention, and then said:

"Hey. You have nice hair."

And then he walked away.

What's up with my hair these days?

1 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I'm 27 and have had a greys here and there since I was 17- and it's not because I'm malnourished.....my doctor says it's genes and that it's fine. Sigh. Still, I don't feel like buying a bottle of Miss Clairol just yet. I like to think they make me look distinguished.

I also HATE working out. I swim 4 days a week and walk around a hell of a lot, but gyms bore me. Here at least, it's full of 'look at me, I'm a hot faggy top so look at my muscles' guys and women who don't eat anything. Thank God the swimming routine delivers results!

I saw your reply to my comment on the previous entry and when I typed the comment, I was at home, not out and about ;) I'd have to say that people do go out late here, just depends what part of town you are in....and what night of the week it is. But, I assure you, I am neither desperate nor a drunk, haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home