Monday, May 15, 2006

FEIST

So i've switched over from GNARLS BARKLEY to FEIST. FEIST is the new JENNY LEWIS except, well i actually like FEIST's album while i was kinda lukewarm about JENNY LEWIS' solo (though she's fab with RILO KILEY). FEIST is just faboo. people are just checking her out, even though her album's been around for the better part of a year i believe. same goes with THE POSTAL SERVICE. it took about a year or two for the album to pick up momentum.

that said, FEIST isn't like THE POSTAL SERVICE. though they have remixed one of her songs (a great song called MUSHABOOM). it's available on her remix album which she just released. good stuff. and AJ actually doesn't mind listening to it. Think indie soft acoustic, with some franco euro pop songs with a little trip hop beat thrown in here and there, and a little jazz/lounge vibe for additional texture. highly recommended.

3 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Rita said...

I think it's funny that it only took you 20 minutes to switch obsessions.

;) But I am just kidding.

SO HAPPY TO HEAR YOUR VOICE ONLINE! I LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG!!!

love,
r

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

I <3 Feist. I keep switching off between her and Imogen Heap these days. I need to get Sia's (of Zero 7 fame) solo album for a triumverate of awesome indie girlie acoustic sweetness.

Feist totally won me over at the KCRW benefit concert in LA a few months back. Her stage presence must be experienced.

Cheers!

 
At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

er... I meant to ID myself up there.

This is the rita's friend kevin who met you once a year or two ago.

Hi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home